Getting a great headshot is very important for your business.
It’s how prospective clients will identify you and decide,
sometimes without a meeting, that they want to work with you.
Having a headshot that’s clearly representative of your best “you” will speak volumes
about you and your business – So put your best face forward!
Did you know? – Your LinkedIn profile is 14 times more likely to be viewed simply by having a profile picture. Having a high quality corporate headshot is fundamental to building your professional profile. Whether on a company website or social media, a great headshot encourages the viewer to read on.
Studio Headshot Packages
- Quick and Affordable.
- a basic photo for LinkedIn, CV, or passport
- A 20-minute coached photo session with professional headshot photographer Tim ORourke.
- 1 retouched photograph in high and low resolution
- Single colour backdrop (black, grey or white)
Classic Headshot Package
- Our most popular option
- A 40 minute coached photo session with professional headshot photographer Tim ORourke
- Up to 4 retouched photographs in high and low resolution.
- Allows for a lot more variety. Tie or jacket on/off, one smiling, one more serious, different poses, etc
- Available colour backdrop are black, grey or white
- Additional retouched photos for $250
- Bring a friend or colleague- additional people can be shot in the same session for $1,000/person
- A one hour coached photo session with professional headshot photographer Tim ORourke
- 5-10 retouched photographs in high resolution
- Up to 2 colours for backdrop including white, grey, black, blue, yellow and others
- Includes up to 2 wardrobe/hair changes
- Includes the option of full length
- Good for those wanting a bit more variety in clothing and want to change outfits
- Studio and/or Outdoor. (Outdoor surcharges apply depending on your desired images and complexity of shoot)
- Additional retouched photos for $250
- Bring a friend or colleague- additional people can be shot in the same session for $1,500/person
- A three hour coached photo session with professional headshot photographer Tim ORourke
- 20 retouched photographs in high and low resolution
- Good for those wanting more variety in clothing and want to change outfits
- Up to 4 colours for backdrop including white, grey, black, blue, yellow, red and others
- Studio and/or Outdoor (Outdoor surcharges apply depending on your desired images and complexity of shoot)
- This is a more in-depth shoot for those who want to have a full-on experience; best suited for those that are looking for a more artistic approach to the photography and would like more variety of shots.
Clothing is the most important factor in your headshot, but it is definitely not the focus.
With proper clothing, your face commands attention and clothing itself becomes secondary.
Wearing the wrong clothing takes attention away from where you want it – on you and on your face.
– Dress in the fashion which you feel best represents both you and your company.
– For a formal business portrait, dress as you would if you were making a presentation
to your most important clients or associates.
– For a more casual portrait, you still want to wear something that looks upscale and smart. Perhaps a blazer,
a sweater over a button-down shirt or a blouse.
Men should wear a solid dark suit, a pressed and well-fitting white or light colored shirt, and a dark tie.
Women should wear a solid suit and a light blouse. Wear something that looks good from the waist up.
Try to pick something that falls well on your shoulders and flatters your neckline.
– Darker shades are more flattering and slimming, but remember – black is not always the best color.
Try navy, dark-gray, chocolate, forest green, deep teal, eggplant or a rich caramel.
– Avoid wearing bold stripes, plaids, checks, dots and prints, they are confusing and do not photograph well.
– Patterns are fine, as long as they’re not too distracting.
– Avoid light colors that approximate flesh tones such as beige, tan, peach, pink, white, and yellow.
– Avoid solid black which will photograph flat, and lack detail and dimension.
– Avoid wearing a light-gray suit.
– You might consider avoiding red.
– Do not wear short sleeves for a head-and-shoulders portrait.
– Loud ties and flashy jewelry divert attention from your face. Stick with simple and elegant.
Hair and makeup for women
– If you are doing your own makeup, apply as you might for a formal evening out.
– If you “never wear makeup” you might want to at least use some for your photo session.
– If you are doing your own hair, remember to bring some hair product (if you use it,)
a hair brush or comb and a blow dryer to the session.
Grooming for men
– Shave early in the day to let any razor-burn dissipate and allow nicks to heal before the shoot.
– For a late-day portrait session, if you have a heavy beard, a touch-up shave at mid-day is recommended,
especially to mitigate five-o’clock shadow.
– Don’t cut your hair the day before your shoot! It will look like you just got a haircut.
– If you wear glasses most of the time, I recommend wearing them for your portrait.
– Because of reflections, please be prepared to take out the lenses or to bring an extra frame without lenses.
… And finally,
No need to go crazy on your poses for professional headshots. It’s best to focus on minimalist poses.
At the beginning of your session, you should warm up with simple and straightforward poses. Simply stand there and smile. Later, we will work toward some arms-crossed headshots and perhaps a couple candids.
You can see some examples of poses here on Pinterest.
Gray is the best backdrop for modern corporate headshots. It’s a versatile neutral tone that does not distract from you the subject, and it will match well with most clothing. We adjust the backdrop light to control the brightness and gradient to compliment what you wear. We occasionally do headshots on white backgrounds, which makes for a bright, fresh, and casual look and feel.
We can create backgrounds from black to white and any shade of gray in between.
If you work in a creative industry or tech, or want something more colourful, we have several coloured backgrounds the studio, but it’s generally not recommended for professional headshots.
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! We strive to create a fun & stress-free environment for every client. At our studio, we play upbeat music and constantly get feedback from the client so that we can work towards an amazing headshot that you’ll be proud to show online
We will remove non-permanent blemishes such as pimples, shaving cuts, dry skin, and unwanted hairs in our retouching process. We can remove permanent features such as moles, wrinkles, rosacea, and acne by request. Just let me know what you’d like done and I’ll retouch per your wishes.
As Trusted By-